Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cyclocross

For the second year in a row, I went out to watch the Jingle Cross Rock cyclocross race in Iowa City today. For those who don't know, cyclocross is kind of a cross between road and mountain biking. A cyclocross bike looks like a road bike with fat tires, and the races are run off-road, but not on courses as technical as you'd see at a mountain bike race. It's a fun sport to watch.

Throw in a little snow and a lot of mud, and it's a really fun sport to watch. I can't imagine how hard it would be to ride through the mud like these guys did. They didn't exactly make it look easy which shows just how tough the conditions were.

Here's a picture of Todd Wells, today's winner. I've got a lot of fun pictures that I'll put up soon, but this is all I have time to work on tonight.

1 comment:

Chad Coppess said...

Looks like a muddy mess to me, which does sound fun to watch and shoot!