Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In a rut

I promise this will be the last rose picture for a while. I'm not sure why, but when I load this picture to Blogger, it looks a lot worse than it does on my screen in Photoshop. It's not as sharp and it's orange, so when you look at it, pretend it's redder and sharper. Even like this, it's a bit different from the typical flower picture. I shot it this fall, and it's one of my favorites. For anyone who is interested, the only light source for this picture was a small LED flashlight.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It reminds me a little of a coral reef -- like at any moment, the petals would sort of flow and sway.

Or maybe, because of the backlit, red, glow-ey qualities, a little of the photos in the book A Child Is Born by Lennart Nilsson.

But I'm just weird that way.

Anonymous said...

You are a dang good pitcher taker.
Seriously.
I'd like to know how I could get some copies of the ones I really like.
Your sister-in-law, Anne

Chad Coppess said...

This one is really cool, mostly because it's not your typical rose photo. Awesome technique to come up with a very unique photo.