Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kayak

I went kayaking today. I got a couple of pictures I'm pretty pleased with while I was out. Someday I'll have the courage to take a "real" camera with me. Not today. I don't have much experience in a kayak, and I know they can tip over. I was also on the water with my 9-year-old who was soloing in his kayak for the first time. I didn't want to have to worry about my camera and him at the same time, so I dug out my old iPhone to take as my only camera. I'd be unhappy if I had to take that phone for a swim, but it's a backup for a reason. The camera isn't as good as the newer ones, but, as they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. It did a fine job this afternoon. I put the top photo on facebook and commented that kayaking looked a little bit like flying today. The bottom photo is also a reflection but a little more abstract without the nose of the kayak for reference. I can't wait to get back out on the water, and one of these days, I'll bring a better camera.



No comments: